Employee Health & Wellness
Employee Health and Wellness
The City of Goldsboro has provided a health/wellness initiative for over 20 years. The City employs a full-time Occupational Health Nurse who provides nursing services and monthly health beat sessions for city personnel. Some of the services include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and direct the Health/Wellness Program. Provide professional guidance to employees for health/wellness.
- Provide first aid services, consultations and training needs for physician intervention
- Oversee and monitor results of periodic check-ups to include pulmonary functions and hearing tests.
- Provide consulting for employees regarding their personal health care.
- Provide nursing services for employees such as blood pressure checks, allergy, hepatitis and flu injection, hemoglobin and blood sugar checks, as well as over the counter medication and bandage changes.
- Provide Flu, Hepatitis and other vaccines for affected employees.
- Provide assistance and advice to city-wide personnel to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Provide educational literature and other health related materials for professional development.
- Oversee FMLA & Workers Compensation Programs
- Oversee Hearing Conservation Programs
- Administer pre-hre, post-accident, and random drug screenings.
Mark has been a nurse since 2000 in both a hospital setting and a corporate environment. He holds a Bachelors Degree in Nursing and is a Certified Occupational Health Nurse.
Finding a Balance
Snort Sniffle Sneeze