The City of Goldsboro values its small business community and recognizes the hardships this community has faced in recent months due to COVID-19. In response, the City of Goldsboro has partnered with Wayne Community College to create the Small Business COVID 19 Grant Program. The City is providing approximately 15 grants in the amounts of $2,500 or $5,000, for a total of $42,500 in immediate relief.
All applications will be reviewed by a counselor/business professional from outside of Wayne County, utilizing a business health check document. This evaluation will help identify individual business needs for immediate grants and long term sustainability.
• Approximately 15 grantees based on a randomized lottery system
• First-time applicants will receive priority
• $2,500 to employers with 2-8 employees
• $5,000 to employers with 9-15 employees
• Grant funds can be used for rent, payroll and/or COVID-19 related material expenses
• Will be independently-owned and operated, for-profit businesses
• Have more than 1 and less than 16 employees (full-time, part-time and seasonal)
• Located within Goldsboro city limits
• One or more business owner is a Wayne County resident
• Existing commercial enterprise that has been in operation since March 10, 2020, with valid Tax ID
• Registered with the state of North Carolina and City of Goldsboro to do business
• Has experienced layoffs, furloughs, expenditures or loss of revenue due to COVID-19
• Must be in good standing with all federal, state and local governments
• Financial institutions, non-profit, or home-based businesses
• Bankruptcy and recent charge-offs
• Other ineligible business types outlined by the SBA here: https://bit.ly/32sQ8WT
Before getting started, you will need the following:
• NCDOR Sales/Use Tax ID # and Employer Identification Number (EIN)
• 2020 Cash Flow Statement (sample: https://bit.ly/35NVCxR)
• Latest Corporate Tax Return or Schedule C
• Wayne Community College Small Business Client Form (https://bit.ly/2ZBHRhv)
This application should take 5-10 minutes once the required attachments are completed/located.