We are an active member of the North Carolina Association of Local Government Safety Officials (NCALGSO) and take advantage of professional consultative services, professional development, and other briefings from this agency.
The annual Safety Awards Luncheon was held at the Lane Tree Country Club on May 1, 2013. NC Labor Commissioner, Cherie Berry, was the guest speaker. The City won a total of 20 awards. They are as follows:
- First Year – Fire Station #5, Finance Department, Utility Maintenance Division, Compost Facility Second Year Police Department
- Second Year – Police Department
- 1st Year – General Government, Inspections, Fire Department (Headquarters), Parks and Recreation (Maintenance)
- 2nd Year – Human Resources, Public Works (Building and Traffic Division)
- 3rd Year – Parks and Recreation (Golf Course), Public Utilities (Water Reclamation)
- 4th Year – Public Works (Cemetery Division) and Engineering Department
- 5th Year – Public Works (Streets and Storm), Public Utilities (Water Treatment)
- 6th Year – Fire Station #4
- 9th Year – Fire Station #3, Public Works (Garage)
We are proud of all of our departments for maintaining a safe and productive work environment.