Stormwater Management Utility Information
On June 5, 2017 the City of Goldsboro City Council established a stormwater management utility to carry out the purposes, functions and responsibilities as described below. The governing body of the stormwater management utility is the City Council. The City Manager administers the stormwater management utility through the Public Works Department and/or other departments and divisions as the City Manager designates.
The stormwater management utility has the following powers and duties, subject to available revenues, which powers and duties are not necessarily exclusive to the stormwater management utility:
- Stormwater management planning and preparation of comprehensive watershed master plans for stormwater management.
- Regular inspections and maintenance of public stormwater management facilities, and measures for the construction thereof, as well as regular inspections of private stormwater management facilities.
- Maintenance and improvement of stormwater management facilities that have been accepted by the city for purposes of stormwater management.
- Plan review and inspection of sediment control and stormwater management plans, measures and practices.
- Retrofitting designated watersheds to reduce existing flooding problems or to improve water quality.
- Acquisition of interests in land, including easements, upon prior approval by City Council,
- Design and construction of stormwater management facilities and measures, and acquisition of equipment.
- Water quantity and water quality management, including monitoring activities.
- Compliance with state and federal regulations for stormwater management, and submission of mandatory and non-mandatory reports related thereto, except for those regulations that require approval by City Council.
- Any and all powers and duties delegated or granted to it as a local government implementing agency under the laws and regulations of the state and the ordinances of the city.
For more information concerning the Stormwater Management Utility contact the City of Goldsboro Public Works Department