Employee Health & Wellness
Employee Health and Wellness
The City of Goldsboro has provided a health/wellness initiative for over 20 years. The City employs a full-time Occupational Health Nurse who provides nursing services and monthly health beat sessions for city personnel. Some of the services include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and direct the Health/Wellness Program. Provide professional guidance to employees for health/wellness.
- Provide first aid services, consultations and training needs for physician intervention
- Coordinate and direct the Diabetes Management Program.
- Oversee and monitor results of periodic check-ups to include pulmonary functions.
- Provide consulting for employees regarding their personal health care.
- Provide nursing services for employees such as blood pressure checks, allergy, hepatitis and flu injection, hemoglobin and blood sugar checks, as well as over the counter medication and bandage changes.
- Provide Flu, Hepatitis and other vaccines for affected employees.
- Provide assistance and advice to city-wide personnel to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Provide educational literature and other health related materials for professional development.
Mark has been a nurse for 15 years working in both a hospital setting and a corporate environment. He is currently in school to obtain his Bachelors Degree in Nursing and is also a volunteer firefighter.
23 and 1/2 hours:
What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
What is the Single Best Thing You Can Do to Quit Smoking?